Intermediate & Senior Software Developers (Java)
Start date: As soon as possible
Application closing date: 09 October 2020
Utecture is an innovative software solution for the building industry, that allows home builders and their customers to design, price, and visualise their home in real time.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of our expanding software development team and at the leading edge of construction technology.
Our team is small enough to be open and friendly but large enough to give you superb career progression, interesting and challenging work, support and knowledge.
With the support of the business you will play a key part in contributing to the software enhancements and be involved in assisting in the development and programming of features and functionalities for the new residential building design software, enhancing the upgrade of the existing commercial building design software and supporting the ongoing maintenance and user support of these systems.
Key responsibilities include
- Contribute positively to all projects and take ownership to ensure successful delivery.
- Gather and understand user requirements, interpret system specifications and technical designs.
- Write and maintain high quality code to ensure programs and applications meet system requirements
- Follow and contribute to required development processes, protocols and guidelines for testing and checking code
- Write and maintain technical documentation including for end users and overall operational procedures.
- Develop and improve Donovan Group internal applications including modifying and updating code for software.
Essential skills and attributes
- You will need to have ample experience, be a team player who is thorough with a strong eye for detail, an analytical mind, and the self-motivation to learn and adapt.
- Strong Java skills with an in-depth knowledge of modern frameworks based on latest best practices (i.e. microservices, serverless computing)
- Familiar with JWT, OWASP top ten threats, and deep understanding of security risks of modern applications deployed in house or in the cloud
- Wide experience with multiple ORMs, understanding of their common pitfalls and also familiar with architecture patterns such as CORS
- Comfortable working in an Agile / Scrum team environment
- Good unit testing skills and habits
- Highly approachable with excellent English language communication skills, both verbal and written
- Structural Engineering /3D Modelling/Computational Mathematics would be advantageous