Position: Full time
Start date: As soon as possible
Application closing date: 18 March 2021
Our Manufacturing team is looking for an experienced Welder/Fabricator to join their hard-working team. If you are enthusiastic and reliable, and looking to continue to develop your skills in welding/fabrication, then this could be the opportunity you are looking for!
In this factory-based role, you’ll be responsible for evaluating engineering drawings and implementing these according to welding instructions. You’ll do this by:
- Cleaning and preparing surfaces for welding.
- Position, align and fit parts using hand tools.
- Cut marked-out metal sections and pipes.
- Shape and bend metal sections and pipes.
- Join metal sections and weld components and framework using various welding techniques.
You will ideally have at least two years’ experience in heavy fabrication, and an AS/NZ 2980:2007 welding qualification. If you don’t have the welding qualification, we can help with that.
You’ll combine your experience with the following:
- The ability to read and interpret technical drawings and plans.
- Awareness and understanding of industry safe practises and procedures.
- The ability to fabricate metal objects including, laying out, cutting, fitting and measuring.
- An eye for detail with a focus on quality workmanship.
- An analytical mind with basic math and mechanical aptitude.
If you have the desire to construct products to a high level, then check out this opportunity with a successful local company recognised for growth and innovation.
The successful applicant will need to be flexible with start and finish times when required in order to meet the demands of production of production, starting earlier than 7.30am or finishing later than 4.00pm on occasion.
A pre-employment medical and drug and alcohol screening, as well as a Criminal Check, will be required before commencement of the role.Apply now