Senior Mechanical Engineer / Draughts person
Position: Full time
Start date: As soon as possible
Application closing date: 31 April 2021
Reporting to our Design Station Operations Manager, you will be involved in designing and preparing technical drawings and plans utilizing Solidworks and/or Tekla. It is an exciting time to be joining our Design Station team, who supports our nationwide KiwiSpan and Coresteel franchisees. Our Design Station team is a tight-knit, cohesive team and we are looking for someone who is prepared to offer support, guidance and mentorship to our junior team members.
You will have strong knowledge of engineering practices, technical drawings, building methods and materials and be up to date with all relevant legislation, Codes and town planning regulations. As well as all this knowledge, you will have the following skills:
- Project Management skills to be able to:
- Interpret information from our Franchisees
- Converse with our Franchisees from design to construction stage
- Report and discuss issues with our engineers
- Provide mentoring to our Junior team members.
- Technical skills to be able to:
- Design, model and create steel drawings in 3D CAD systems
- Produce effective designs with an understanding of engineering and manufacturing techniques
- Create drawings for council consent
- Creating / processing the model through to manufacturing
- Drawing up construction drawings for manufacture as well as for construction
- Prepare fold and shop drawings for manufacture
As a Senior Mechanical Engineer / Draughts person, you will have the following:
- Ample experience to be a team player who is thorough with a strong eye for detail, an analytical mind, and the self-motivation to learn and adapt.
- Mathematical skills capable of solving calculations involving angles, weights, and costs.
- Bachelor of Engineering majoring in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience with Solidworks is essential; experience with Tekla is a bonus
- Experience of 5 or more years in a similar role, and even better if you have focused on steel